CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Worthless...

That is how I have been feeling lately. It's time to be honest here I really feel like I am going to be this big for the rest of my life(which won't be very long if I don't do something soon). Two weeks ago I turned 30 since then I have been in a funk I guess you could call it. I feel like I don't know what the hell I am doing anymore. I had a great birthday me & AG celebrated here at home we had a nice time. He got me the Wii game Wii Resort. I have to say I suck at table tennis.

There are so many things I want to do with my life & my weight seems to be in the way. I would love to get up & go for a walk without having to stop every 5 min, not from having trouble breathing but from the pain in my back & legs the swelling in my thighs from the lymphdemia isn't helping either. I need to buy a scale I can't just get one at the store I need one what goes up to at least 500lbs I don't think I am that big but I would rather be safe then sorry. I wish I had people around me who were in my situation to talk to I don't have many female friends & the ones I do have don't seem to think they have weight problems to talking to them is like talking to the walls & well most men aren't up for talking about weight loss so here I am . I talk to AG about it but he isn't overweight & never has been so it's not the same(I hope that makes sense).

I wonder if they have online chat groups for things like that if any of you all know of any please let me know maybe talking to people in the same boat as me will help alot. I am going to try & find my way out of this funk I am in I hate feeling like this it sucks.

5 comments:

Emmett said...

I have felt worthless countless times in my journey. There are many people out there to support and help you. I have found a great community with my herbalife friends. My sponsor has helped me out a lot and made me feel good along the way. There are weight loss challenges on facebook now, if you want to add me on facebook, I will show you.
Hang in there, we all get sad and frustrated along our journey.

jo said...

Oh, this just makes me so sad that you're hurting.

(((((hugs))))

You are NOT worthless. I know, we all feel that way, I sure did. But no one is worthless.

Blog. You'll get support there. I didn't have anyone locally to talk to, to get support from. My friends didn't understand, and my husband certainly didn't, so I created my own community.

I also joined Richard Simmons website. I've emailed him and he has emailed me personally a few times. I don't partipate so much on the forum there, (I spend my time reading blogs) but I really enjoy the chatrooms. You may find people in very similar situations there.

OA? Tops? Weight Watchers? For local support?

More hugs your way. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make things better for you.

S. said...

I do Weight Watchers but don't really find my meetings to be all that supportive. Mostly I rely on the blogs of others and being able to post to my own blog, but I've been thinking about checking out an OA meeting because weight loss isn't all clever recipes and low calorie snacks. It would be nice to deal with the emotional stuff and trying to find a path beyond instead of just focusing on the weight loss. Good luck, and I hope you post about whatever you try.

jules said...

hey -
I just stumbled upon your blog and I kinda found myself in it. I turned 30 five weeks ago, and this number still scares me. I feel like have not done anything with my life and that because my weight has hold me back in so many ways...
-
But - you are not worthless. We are not worthless. We are worth taking control of our lives. Making ourself happy and being the person we want to be. It will take time, it will take effort. It will need perseverance, and strength - we need to take baby-steps, but surely we are worth it!!
Try to look at your frustration now as just one step of the way.

that TOPS lady said...

Hey girl--I just found your blog and I look forward to reading your journey! I'm a big girl...I can relate to what you said in this post..and you can talk to me anytime! :)

You CAN do it and you ARE worth it!

Have you ever heard of TOPS? (www.tops.org , I think) We are a weekly support group and there are chapters all over the country. Maybe getting together with others for support would help. AND most chapters have heavy duty scales. You could call ahead to see how heavy the scales go to or if you are embarrassed to, I would be willing to call for you.

((((hugs)))) Keep your chin up and do at least ONE healthy thing for YOU today--you are worth it!