CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Yummies..

The other day I was craving something sweet but I didn't want any junk food so I looked at what I had in the pantry, I had a can of pumpkin so I figured I would make pumpkin bread or muffins well I ended up coming across something I had never had before so I decided to give it a try. I found a recipe for Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies(Vegan). Let me tell you OMG these things are delicious they were so easy to make I also posted the recipe below for those of you who don't want to click the link lol.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies (vegan)

prep time: 15 minutes cooking time: 32 minutes makes 4 dozen cookies

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 1/3 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons molasses
1 cup canned pumpkin, or cooked pureed pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
optional: 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (for a chewier texture)
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1/2 cup raisins

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.
Have ready 2 greased baking sheets.
Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and spices.

In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, oil, molasses, pumpkin and vanilla (and flax seeds if using) until very well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet in 3 batches, folding to combine. Fold in walnuts and raisins.

Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets. They don't spread very much so they can be placed only an inch apart. Flatten the tops of the cookies with a fork or with your fingers, to press into cookie shape. Bake for 16 minutes at 350. If you are using two sheets of cookies on 2 levels of your oven, rotate the sheets halfway through for even baking. You'll have enough batter for 4 trays.

Remove from oven and get cookies onto a wire rack to cool. These taste best when they've had some time to cool and set. They taste even better the next day!

***Now I made a few changes to the recipe I omitted the raisins not because I don't like them but well I didn't have any at the time but the next time I make these I will try them with raisins. I also used Flax Seed Oil instead of Flax Seeds because its all I had on hand at the time I really couldn't taste anything out of the ordinary. The only way I can describe the taste of these cookies is its like gingerbread with a hint of pumpkin. While he was out I asked AG to pick up some Almond milk I heard about it on this new(well new to me) show I caught the other day. I will save that for the next post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh these do look delish! I've kept this one. I like to bake in the winter especially. Nothing like coming home to the smell of fresh baked ANYTHING! But now to do it with a healthier twist... great job!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, commenting & leaving me those wonderful words of inspiration. I appreciate your kindness.

jo said...

Oh, those do sound yummy. I think my son would really love them.

I've been reading about almond milk in the blog world for awhile, and I have yet to see it at any of our stores. Looking forward to reading what you have to say about it.